Posted August 10, 2012
LAN Party builds some insane-o PC rigs!
We go all out and build insane-o rigs for our gaming/workstation PCs. Here’s our specs:
- 3.2 gHz i7 6-core (OC’d to 4.4 gHz)
- 32 GB RAM (8×4 DIMM)
- NVIDIA GTX 680
- ASUS Sabertooth X79 Motherboard
- Seagate Barracuda 3 TB HD
- 2x Samsung 830 256 GB SSD (in a RAID 0 Configuration)
- Master Cooler 1000 Watt Power Supply
- R2D2 Post Trash Compactor PC Case
- ASUS DVD-RW Drive (for serious optical drive technology)
Once again, our specs are insane because we do 3D video work and a bunch of stuff that isn’t just playing games. If you’re looking to play games, these are the specs you should aim for:
As noted, you don’t need liquid cooling, you don’t need multiple cores, you don’t need SLI – if it’s just games you want to play, that’s all you’ll need.
Here’s some great resources for PC building!
$500 gaming pc
$1,284 gaming pc
The Build-A-PC Subreddit, and especially this FAQ